I am an internationally published photographer who works with ethically driven companies and not-for-profit organisations to produce beautiful photographs. I specialise in eco fashion and lifestyle photography, and NGO photography.
I have recently moved from Sydney to the Hastings area of the Mid-North Coast of NSW. I’m very happy to now be a Port Macquarie based photographer, and still working with Sydney and overseas clients.
I am so grateful for the journeys photography has taken me on. I have trekked for days into the jungle to meet the protectors of the Amazon. I’ve travelled for days to remote outposts following nothing more than vague leads of unique photo opportunities. And I’ve been invited into the homes of people who have opened my eyes to how little we need to live a fulfilled life. Photography really has taken me around the world and sharing that world though my photos is what I love to do.
My partner James is an integral part of my business. With an impressive array of skills and experience (including Environmental Scientist, Carpenter, Writer, Teacher and Business Owner), he fulfills many roles. These include Photo Set Builder, Article Writer, Sustainability Researcher and Photography Assistant.
The Power of Photography
I believe that exceptional photography has the power to cut through dialog and conversation and reach directly into the heart of the viewer. This emotional connection can be used to move people to action. I feel a great sense of responsibility to use the power of photography to bring about positive action in the world.
Photos have the power to create desire – for a certain product, experience or way of life, and every dollar consumers spend is ultimately a vote for what continues to exist in the world. That is why I choose to work only with companies that are making a positive contribution to our world.
I run my business in the most environmentally friendly manner I know. Developing this an ongoing process and am always looking for ways to improve my eco credentials. If you have any questions about what I do or suggestions about how I can do it better please send me an email.
So far I
- have a paperless and chemical free studio and office
- use second hand equipment including studio lighting, iPhone and computer
- fuel myself on local, organic and chemical free food
- wear clothes from eco conscious labels, op-shops, garage sales and second hand stores (You’d be amazed what I find)
- use natural light and reflectors for shooting when possible
- carbon offset every photo shoot
- when I have to take planes (and I know how bad they are) I carbon offset the flight
- ride my bike or take public transport, and when I need to drive, go in James’ car which runs on bio-diesel (processed waste oil from our local take-away restaurants).
Watch this space for improvements.
I am committed to supporting organisations that are doing outstanding work for the environment and those less fortunate. 10% of my profits go to Action Aid and Rainforest Rescue. I also participate in fundraising efforts for Empowerment International and Amazon Watch, and I donate my time and skills to a selection of other charities.
Publications and NGO work includes:
Magazines and Newspaper Pubications
- Peppermint (Australia)
- Green Lifestyle (Australia)
- Slow Living (Australia)
- The Australian (Australia)
- The Daily Mail (Australia)
- The Sunday Telegraph (Australia)
- Junkies (Australia)
- Tide (Germany)
- Shutterbug (USA)
- House & Garden (Australia)
- Frankie (Australia)
- Atmosphere (Canada & International)
- EOS Magazine (UK)
- Blue magazine (Japan)
- Outdoor Japan (Japan)
- Metropolis (Japan)
- Tokyo Weekender (Japan)
- Surfgirl (UK)
- The Surfers Path (UK)
- Concrete Wave (Canada)
- DISfunkshion Magazine (USA)
- Rolling Stone (Australia)
- Jetstar Magazine (International)
- Surfing World (Australia)
- Tracks (Australia)
- Cool Earth
- Eco Tribal
- Pro Mujer
- Otra Cosa Network
- Opportunity International
- Empowerment International
- International Women’s Development Agency
- Totoco Foundation
- Vision Guatemala
- Rising Minds
- ISA International